Quantcast

Friday, February 10, 2012

Pretty Pretty Roundup

I'm working with Sara Jensen on the design and programming of my style blog.  It's been a bit of a learning curve for me moving from Blogger to Wordpress because the layouts and functions are so different.  In my emails of edits I'm sure I sound like a bit of a loon, which of course I am, but designing for a new platform has sort of set my head spinning.  In between emails back and forth, I've been searching the web high and low trying to get a good footing of exactly what I want this new blog to look like.  One thing leads to another and before I know it I'm looking through archives of style blogs, browsing Valentine's Crafts, none of which I will have time to do, and even doing a little shopping - shame on me.  Here's what I've loved in the last few days...
Bri has started a new series titled Make It and this is their second post, a sweet Valentine mini cake that can be made in 20 minutes.  I love her design aesthetic, her talented Photoshop skills and especially her style.  She is 10 years younger than me and her style is completely different than my own, but her style column is a dream to look at nonetheless - it's fun, unpretentious and beautifully shot.  She makes me want to add more vintage to my mix.  
I had the pleasure of meeting Leslie in LA last year at Decor 8's book signing tour.  We sat next to each other at dinner and she is as kind and genuine as they come.  Her photography and styling is impeccable and I pretty much love anything she creates.  Here is a pretty sweet way to wrap a package for your special Valentine.   

Jen hearts Friday - I love her cute round up of love in honor of V Day next week
I've been wanting some ban.do for quite some time and I finally took the plunge when I recevied a 15% off code last week.  I ordered a mini sequin heart that doubles as a brooch and hair clip and a mini pom pom set in blue and pink.  I plan to style it on a plain cream blouse just like the girl above. 
One more little purchase I made were these colorful espadrilles from Mod Cloth.  At $44 I think they'll be the perfect little flat for spring and summer.  I can see wearing them with jean shorts and flowy skirts. 

My love affair with Pugly Pixel continues.  My $5 blog bling membership expired a couple of weeks ago but I think I'll have to sign back up to get these cute vintage label shapes, plus hearts!  Remember, her bling comes with tutorials and helpful tips and is a great way to amp up your Photoshop skills.
Finally, I've been wanting a cute chain link camera strap, but the ones out there range from $60 to over $100.  No can do.  But fieldguided has a great little DIY on her blog using a belt.  Brilliant!

Happy weekend everyone.  We have birthday parties to attend and Valentine's to create.  Taylor wants me to make royal icinig sugar cookies again but I just don't think I have it in me.  We may just be heading to Target for some cheesy princess valentines.  Sue me.  Last year she was the only one in her class to bring handmade cards to her classmates and I sort of felt like a schmuck for spending all that time on them.  I don't even dare to type in "Valentine's for Kids" into Pinterest...


What about you guys?  Are you making your own or are you giving out store bought?  And what about candy.  Do you give it out to classmates? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...