Quantcast

Monday, September 5, 2011

Craft Night

Well, craft night could have gone smoother.  Everyone genuinely had a good time (I think), but Mary and I were stressed, and I really hate feeling stressed when I am hosting things.  She took over the leather pouches and I took over the rhinestone friendship bracelets.  If I were to do it again, this is what I would do:

- No sewing projects, unless 75% of the attendees could actually sew on their own.
- If we did another sewing project, we would limit the size & color options and have everything pre-cut.  Trying to cut a straight line while chatting, laughing and drinking wine proved to not be such a winning combination, which is totally forgivable ;) 
- Offer "to go" packages for ladies that wanted to just mingle and would rather craft in the peace and quite of their own home.

The bracelets were a complete hit though and my biggest regret was not snapping a picture of all the ladies' bracelets.  They came up with some beautiful color combinations with all the new thread we had on hand.  I posted a couple of camera phone pics to my Facebook wall.

I would do it again in a heartbeat because I loved seeing women create all in one space.  So inspiring.  Any tips for another craft night from those of you that may have hosted one before?   

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...