Quantcast

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love 146

Registration for Blog Sugar closed on Tuesday. I'm thrilled to be a part of this event and look forward to meeting many of you for the first time. Each year Rachel has chosen a charity to support at Blog Sugar, and I came home today to find out that this year, we will be supporting Love 146. I'd been out all day doing living my cozy and safe life, taking the kids to swim lessons, and I came home to watch this video, which details a bit about the organization. I was rocked to the core within seconds.

The world is a sick, horrible place sometimes. I cannot fathom a world where these atrocities happens, but it does, no matter how much I wish and hope and pray it didn't. A portion of the proceeds from Blog Sugar ticket sales will go towards this organization, and there will be opportunities to donate at the event. I am both proud and humbled.

If you have a moment, please watch the video below of the founder and President of Love 146, Rob Morris, and to learn more about the organization and how they are working diligently to end child sex slavery and exploitation through prevention and aftercare, go HERE.


Love146 History from LOVE146 on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. so excited to learn about this beautiful organization! such a light and hope for those broken by this tragic abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, we take so much for granted. That gave me goose bumps and a chill. What a great cause to support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look like I'll be making it to BlogSugar this year (SAD! thought Jordan and I do have tentative plans to visit California this fall... fingers crossed), but Rachel's tweets yesterday prompted me to visit Love146, and I'm so glad I did. Ever since watching "Born into Brothels," I've wondered what somebody like me could do to help situations like that. Love146 looks like it will give me an opportunity to help; I'm even toying with the idea of a small benefit dinner to help raise funds. Thanks for promoting such a Christ-honoring organization and for inspiring us to do good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...