Quantcast

Friday, January 7, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Best Pants Eva

{Boxy sweatshirt: James Perse; Pants: Anthro; Shoes: Boutique 9 via Anthro}

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have heard me go on and on about the best pants eva.  Not ever, but eva, because these pants have a certain level of attitude to them that I just can't explain, hence the street slang.  They have a je ne sais quoi, if you will.  So here you have it folks, the "best pants eva".  Say it with me now.  In reality, I think it's just all in my head and these pants aren't really all that special.  Now that I look at them, they look a little hum-drum I guess.  But I love them, and that's all that really matters.  And you know why I love them, because they are soft and stretchy, and have ankle zippers, and have an elastic waistband, which is just pure and utter genius.  Because guess who ate way too many cookies over Christmas?

For all intents and purposes, these pants rock my world.  And I may or may not have paid $19  for them when I was in the Rockefeller Plaza Anthropologie back in December (regular price $100).  They were calling to me from a jam packed sales rack, and they were just all alone.  Of course I had to rescue them. 

Since I bring up shopping, I'm proud to say that I haven't done any shopping in the new year and it's already January 7th!  Yay for me (yes, I realize it's not that impressive).  But seriously, I purchased 3 things in December, and these pants were one of them.  I'm looking at my closet and I'm feeling like I don't need a single thing for a while.  I know this may sound silly getting sort of philosophical about clothes and a wardrobe, but I feel like in the last six months I've really started to finally figure out my own sense of style and not just replicate what I see on a mannequin or a magazine ad.  Maybe it's my age, maybe it's returning to work and trying to find a wardrobe that can peacefully coexist with both facets of my life.  Whatever it is, I'm finding myself doing a much better job at bringing pieces that I truly love into  my wardrobe, and that I don't mind wearing over and over again, versus just buying stuff to buy it or to work a trend.  I'm hoping this will help me in achieving my goal for the year.  I can breathe when I step into my closet and it's a good feeling to have some space.

I will say though that my entryway is pretty jammed pack with coats, lots of coats!  Nicole and I started collecting coats for the drive on Monday and already, we both have bags and bags of them!

13 comments:

  1. You could wear slouchy velour pants and a baggy t-shirt and still look adorable. If I saw those pants in a store I would have walked right past them... but on you I LOVE them!

    And that's awesome about the coats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..I probably wouldn't have even tried them on. Those wouldn't look too hot on hips like mine I'm afraid, but LOVE them on you! BTW, saw something on Top Chef yesterday that Padma was wearing that you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so stinkin' cute in EVA-thing you wear so why would slouchy drawstring pants look less than fab on you? Hey, I'm purging my closet and getting ready to possibly try the 30 for 30 challenge. I may have some coats for you by Sunday. I'll email you for deets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i probably never would have even picked these up, and look how good they look! and these pictures of you are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the fireplace looks great, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude. you'd look great in a burlap sack. on me… the pants would no worky… but on you… fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pants.. was totally reading eva as my name Eva (ee-va)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good stylish + comfy outfit. And this fits the bill! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pants and they sound super comfy. Not sure if *I* could pull off the look, but you sure can. Amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way about my own style this season. Maybe that's because fashion has swung my way?
    My latest fave? A backwards newsie cap. Works wonders with my ugly stringy thin still recovering from pregnancy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. seriously, you are adorable! I don't think I could pull those off. But you? Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look on you. Effortlessly chic. Absolutely gorgeous. Love your hair, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...