Quantcast

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Moment of Awe


The message in church today was about letting our fear of God hold us back and how many of us know more about God than actually know Him. The pastor went on to discuss how so often we come to church on Sunday to be lifted up and revved up for the week, only to find that by Wednesday we may believe in God and know about Him, but our actions don't show it (the pastor admitted that even he is very guilty of this). He encouraged us before we took communion to have a moment of silence and really focus on God and Jesus Christ and understand his Awe if you will.

As we closed our eyes and the congregation became silent, Sydney, who was sitting on my lap, proceeded to try and pry my eyes open. Then all of a sudden he became very calm and still and literally wrapped his arms around my neck and buried his head in my neck and sat like that for about 1 minute. I know there are many ways to experience the power of God and Jesus Christ, but for me, there is nothing like the love of my children to make you bow down in true awe of Him. As tears streamed down my face during this truly precious and peaceful moment, I was reminded that God has put me on this Earth to raise these 2 beings and, and although it is extremely challenging a lot of the time (okay, most of the time), there is nothing more important I could be doing. I need to be grateful and appreciate every moment with them, and when it's tough, and you've all heard me complain how tough it is, especially with Syd, I need to say a prayer and ask God for patience, forgiveness and understanding.

I LOVE YOU Taylor and Sydney with every ounce of my being! Thank you for being who you are.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this blog entry! It was so special and I got very emotional when reading it. Sounds like it was a very special moment for you. Feeling God's love through your children is AMAZING and this is the perfect time of year as we prepare for Easter to just really enjoy your children (whole family really) and live in the moment with them. I'm glad our Sunday was so special. You truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...